Tüpras is a Turkish oil refinery which is the largest industrial company in Turkey and the 7th oil refinery in Europe. The Big Data & Analytics Team from Tüpras was the 2017 Gold Stevie Winner in the category: 'IT Team of the Year'.
"In bullet-list form, briefly summarize up to ten (10) accomplishments of the nominated team since the beginning of 2016 (up to 150 words).
- Establishing a new “Big Data platform based on Hadoop, MapR”
- Integrating daily 300 billion raw process data depended on 200K sensors of 4 refineries into Big Data
- Historical export of 10 years data integrated into Big Data
- Reducing the data frequencies of 30s and 60s with the new platform to 1s frequency
- Developing “Tüpras Historian Database-THD” for access and analysis of all refinery data with a single web-based application
- “Management Information System-MIS” platform developed for visual analysis of approximately 50K metric/KPI calculated from process data. The platform supports self service reporting and Decision Making Support tools for “proactive monitoring & analysis”.
- Developing “Engineering Platform” to run fast What-IF scenarios
- Developing “Alarm Management” system to centralize and analyze DCS (distributed control system) alarms
- Implementing of “Predictive Maintenance” scenarios based on Machine Learning
- Developing IOS based mobile applications of MIS and THD"
In the attached powerpoint presentation about the project, you might be interested in particular slide 4 of the platform architecture and also slides about why they selected MapR.
Also a couple interesting videos about the company and the project ( in Turkish),
- Tupra Big Data and Analytics video:
https://vimeo.com/187791936 ( 1'58 duration)
- Tupras Intro Video
http://tupras.com.tr/kurumsal-tanitim-filmi (6'42 duration)