We define community broadly at MapR. Our community is not only connecting in the new Converge Community but also at Meetups, events, on social media, in the MapR Blog, and in other online forums. Each week we publish a roundup of new and popular content from various sources that will help you put data technology to work.
What helped you put data technology to work this week?
Have something to add? Make a comment and share a resource!
- Predicting Airbnb Listing Prices with Scikit-Learn and Apache Spark by Nick Amato, Director Technical Marketing at MapR
- Spark Streaming and Twitter Sentiment Analysis | MapR by Nicolas Perez, Software Engineer at IPC
- Cisco Chooses MapR for SAP-approved HANA Appliances to Deliver Faster, Easier Data Handling | MapR by Bill Peterson, Sr Director of Product Marketing
- Using Hive and Pig on Baseball Statistics | MapR by Nick Amato, Director Technical Marketing at MapR
- Real-Time Event Streaming: What Are Your Options? | MapR by Ankur Desai, Sr Product Marketing Manager at MapR
Open Source and Data Resources
Big Data & Brews: Ted Dunning on Kafka, MapR, Drill, Apache Arrow and More
Ted Dunning, chief application architect at MapR, stopped by Datameer's booth for a special session of Big Data & Brews at Strata+Hadoop World, San Jose with Andrew Brust, Datameer's senior director of market strategy and intelligence.
What resources have helped you this week? Share by making a comment below.
Questions that Need Answers -- Share your Expertise
Help a fellow developer, admin or data analyst out by answering one of these questions!
- OpenVZ - no disks mounted -- MapR install fails the required pre-req of disk asked by Didier Leonard-Jean Charles
- pvhas -- 1.0 yarn applications waiting for resources for past 5 minutes with no progress in root. default asked by aravindreddy _
- junit testing against hbase table asked by Margarita Uk
- NFS Gateway Down Alarm - Don't see any errors asked by Gesly George
- Why is user Job failing even though user has access to the Machine and Directory specified. -- org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: asked by bgajjela
- Resource Manager UI is reporting Lost Nodes asked by bgajjela
- No roles folder created after installation and no mapr URL like https://n2.maprexample.com:8443/ works asked by Vidisha Vidisha
Drill Best Practices
- New: What is the preferred storage format for Drill?
- New: How can I partition data in Drill?
- View all: Apache Drill Best Practices from the MapR Drill Team
- NYC Apache Flink Meetup 4/21/16 - Apache Flink 1.0 - featuring Co-Founder Stephan Ewen (New York, NY, USA)
- Seattle Data Science Meetup - Apr 21, 2016 (Seattle, Washington, USA)
- Design Thinking Workshop Training- Women in Big Data - April 21, 2016 in Santa Clara, CA
- SQL NYC, The NoSQL & NewSQL Database Meetup - May 3, 2016 (New York, NY, USA)
- Big Data Security and Data Governance Meetup - May 5, 2016 in San Jose, CA
Is your Meetup missing? We welcome you to contribute to the Meetups and Events space!
Share Your Smile
When you post in the community your avatar appears next to your activity. We encourage you to upload a photo avatar -- it helps make this feel like a community.
1. Go to the upper right corner of the community where your current avatar appears next to the Create drop down. Click on the arrow.
2. Select Edit Profile > Avatar and Photos.
3. Scroll to bottom of the page and click on Add another avatar.
4. Upload a photo.
Learn more about creating a great profile: Create your MapR Community profile and update privacy settings
Join the Conversation
Since the launch of the Converge Community on March 7th, 2,245 people from 78 countries have joined and are connecting directly with each other to solve problems and answer questions together.
Join by April 30 to get the 1st badge.
We know you have much to share. The community needs your questions, answers and ideas, so login to create a community account. Tips for Getting Started in the Converge Community
Find all roundups: community roundup