We define community broadly at MapR. Our community is not only connecting in the new Converge Community but also at Meetups, events, on social media, in the MapR Blog, and in other online forums. Each week we publish a roundup of new and popular content from various sources that will help you put data technology to work.
What helped you put data technology to work this week?
Have something to add? Make a comment and share a resource!
- Counting in Streams: A Hierarchy of Needs | MapR by Kostas Tzoumas, co-founder and CEO of data Artisans
- IoT Spotlight: Predictive Maintenance and the Promised Land of Zero Unexpected Downtime | MapR by Ankur Desai, Senior Product Marketing Manager at MapR
- Cluster Auditing in a Good Way - Whiteboard Walkthrough | MapR by Dale Kim, Senior Director of Industry Solutions at MapR
Open Source and Data Resources
- Streaming Processing, Migrating to MapR by Nicolas Perez, Software Engineer at Independent Purchasing Cooperative
- AI, Public Data Sets, Real-Time: Strata + Hadoop Keynote Sampling - InformationWeek
- Hadoop Weekly Issue #165 by Joe Crobak
- Top 200 Thought Leaders in BigData & Analytics – AnalyticsWeek
- Spark, Scala, top the list of the top paying technologies shared by carol mcdonald
What resources have helped you this week? Share by making a comment below.
Questions that Need Answers -- Share your Expertise
Help a fellow developer, admin or data analyst out by answering one of these questions!
- v5.1 Installer Errors - Hbase 1.1 & MariaDb -- asked by Gesly George
- One secure (also kerberized enabled) cluster + 2 hive setups -- asked by midair77 midair77
- Java bind exception for node manage on port 8040 -- asked by Reza z
- How does 'Skewed by [..] Stored As Directories function' in Hive? -- asked by jeet23 _
Drill Best Practices
- The specified item was not found.
- New Courses Coming Soon - Retirement party for Hadoop Essentials (HDE) courses
- ESS 100 - Introduction to Big Data
- ESS 105 - Apache Hadoop Essentials
- ESS 110 - MapR Converged Data Platform Essentials
- NYC Apache Flink Meetup 4/21/16 - Apache Flink 1.0 - featuring Co-Founder Stephan Ewen (New York, NY, USA)
- Seattle Data Science Meetup - Apr 21, 2016 (Seattle, Washington, USA)
- SQL NYC, The NoSQL & NewSQL Database Meetup - May 3, 2016 (New York, NY, USA)
- Big Data Security and Data Governance Meetup - May 5, 2016 in San Jose, CA (San Jose, CA, USA)
Is your Meetup missing? We welcome you to contribute to the Meetups and Events space!
Share Your Smile
When you post in the community your avatar appears next to your activity. We encourage you to upload a photo avatar -- it helps make this feel like a community.
1. Go to the upper right corner of the community where your current avatar appears next to the Create drop down. Click on the arrow.
2. Select Edit Profile > Avatar and Photos.
3. Scroll to bottom of the page and click on Add another avatar.
4. Upload a photo.
Learn more about creating a great profile: Create your MapR Community profile and update privacy settings
Join the Conversation
Since the launch of the Converge Community on March 7th, 2,144 people from 78 countries have joined and are connecting directly with each other to solve problems and answer questions together.
Join by April 30 to get the 1st badge.
We know you have much to share. The community needs your questions, answers and ideas, so login to create a community account. Tips for Getting Started in the Converge Community
Find all roundups: community roundup