We define community broadly at MapR. Our community is not only connecting in the new Converge Community but also at Meetups, events, on social media, in the MapR Blog, and in other online forums. Each week we publish a roundup of new and popular content from various sources that will help you put data technology to work.
Strata + Hadoop World
Thanks to everyone who stopped by the MapR booth last week to join the #ConvergeCommunity and listen to the Big Data Boys and the Real Time Stream Band. Watch Jack Norris' keynote from the conference: Let's get real: Acting on data in real time.
J Berryman on mandolin
- Apache Drill 1.6 and the MapR Converged Data Platform - The Emergence of a New Generation Stack for “JSON-Enabled” Big D… by Neeraja Rentachintala, Senior Director of Product Management at MapR
- Let’s Get Real: Acting on Data in Real Time | MapR by Jack Norris, SVP Data and Applications at MapR
- The Green Jacket Goes To…? Using a Data Science Approach to Picking the Winner of The Masters | MapR by Will Cairns, Data Scientist at MapR
- Converged Architectures and the World’s Largest Seashell Collection by George Demarest, Director of Solutions Marketing at MapR
- Innovations in Big Data: All Signs Point to Convergence | MapR by John Schroeder, CEO at MapR
- Can Event Streaming Make My Business More Productive? | MapR by Ankur Desai, Senior Product Marketing Manager at MapR
Open Source and Data Resources
- Speaker slides & video: Big data conference: Strata + Hadoop World, March 28 - 31, 2016, San Jose, CA
50 Articles about Hadoop and Related Topics [updated] by Vincent Granville
What resources have helped you this week? Share by making a comment below.
Questions that Need Answers -- Share your Expertise
Help a fellow developer, admin or data analyst out by answering one of these questions!
- error with 0.98.9-mapr-1503 hbase asked by Haidar Hadi
- Can query Hive metadata but not actual data -- presto(0.123) and hive (1.2) integration problems on mapr 5.0 asked by premg _
- zabbix template for mapr asked by mmaxian _
- nodemanager crash when local dir mounted over nfs / how to have enough scratch space for spark without sacrificing physical disks? asked by dafox _
Drill Best Practices
- The specified item was not found.
- NYC Apache Flink Meetup 4/21/16 - Apache Flink 1.0 - featuring Co-Founder Stephan Ewen (New York, NY, USA)
- Seattle Data Science Meetup - Apr 21, 2016 (Seattle, Washington, USA)
- SQL NYC, The NoSQL & NewSQL Database Meetup - May 3, 2016 (New York, NY, USA)
Is your Meetup missing? We welcome you to contribute to the Meetups and Events space!
Join the Conversation
Since the launch of the Converge Community on March 7th, 2,043 people from 78 countries have joined and are connecting directly with each other to solve problems and answer questions together.
Join by April 30 to get the 1st badge.
We know you have much to share. The community needs your questions, answers and ideas, so login to create a community account. Tips for Getting Started in the Converge Community
What helped you put data technology to work this week?
Have something to add? Make a comment and share a resource! We encourage you to share resources from outside the Converge Community.
What do you want to see next week? What would help you look like a rock star at work? Have a burning question or idea for a new knowledge article? Make a comment.
Find all roundups: community roundup